Students and faculty at the Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health (MEZCOPH) can take advantage of MEZCOPH and University of Arizona (UA) internal funding mechanisms that specifically support global health research, scholarship, and travel.
Global health research is broadly defined to include a variety of activities such as needs assessments, quantitative and qualitative data collection, secondary data analysis, policy analysis, program implementation and evaluation, surveillance and environmental exposure assessment, etc..
The Global Health Institute (GHI) funds and/or administers some of these programs. In addition, the GHI helps faculty and students identify external funding sources through the GHI web-based links to funding resources and regular e-mail funding alerts for global health research.
General Students’ Requirements
- Full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate, masters- or doctoral-level
- Applicants must be enrolled at the UA at the time of application and when using the award.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at the time of application and when using the award.
- Only one (1) award per student per calendar year is allowed.
- The research project must be part of the student’s academic program and offer the student hands-on experience that is related to a global health issue.
- Applicants must identify at least one (1) faculty advisor at MEZCOPH and one (1) advisor /preceptor at the performance site to support the application and serve as mentors for the project.